This week we bring you a special sedition on the anniversary of one of the most bad-ass and sophisticated revolutionary organizations in the United Snakes… The Black Panther Party.
We kick things off by setting the stage in AmeriKKKa during a time of weekly riots in urban centers in response to police killings of black youth. After the break we look at the brutal repression unleashed on the Panthers by J. Edgar Hoover and his FBI program COINTELPRO. We close things up with a special interview with former panthers JoNina Abron-Ervin and Lorenzo Komboa-Ervin about the legacy of this group.
You can listen to our entire interview with JoNina and Lorenzo here.
Using TOR? Try our archive.org page
1. XOC – Super Mario Theme
2. Matilda – When I grow up
3. Isaac Hayes – Walk on By (Emcee hip hop instrumental remix)
4. Digital Martyrs – Welcome to the Party
5. CJ Beats – Best U Ever Had
6. Dead Prez – I’m a AfricanPublic Enemy – Shut ‘em down
7. El-P – Dead Disnee
8. James Brown – Say It Loud, I’m Black And I’m Proud
Want to learn more about the Black Panthers? Below is a list of resources.
- The Black Panthers: Vanguard of a Revolution
- All Power to the People: The Black Panther Party and Beyond
- Lorenzo Komboa Ervin – Anarchism and the Black Revolution
- Malcolm X Grassroots Movement – Let Your Motto be Resistance: A handbook for organizing new Afrikan and oppressed communities for self-defense
- Ward Churchill – The COINTELPRO Papers